Business & Financial Analyst
Since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have trusted partnerships with more than 30 forward-thinking universities in Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Singapore and Sri Lanka. We provide our partners with access to resources and expertise to help drive large-scale initiatives that provide tangible, lasting benefits to students, faculty, staff and local communities.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Business & Financial Analyst to join our North American team in Burnaby, BC, Canada, working at Fraser International College (FIC). FIC, in association with Simon Fraser University, offers university pathway programs to international students and is based on the campus of Simon Fraser University in Burnaby.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business and Financial Analysis, the Business and Financial Analyst will perform analyses for operations in North America. This position will support reporting requirements including month-end performance reporting, sensitivity analysis for new business opportunities, industry research, and board presentations. The position will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple stakeholders including senior executives to build on the existing reporting platform to aid the overall management of the North American portfolio.
- Monitor financial performance of each business unit in North America and provide timely updates to management.
- Compile financial and operating data, perform variance analysis, and draft reporting materials to support monthly reporting process for Head Office in Australia.
- Respond to ah-hoc information requests from Head Office and provide analysis within tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with the marketing teams and support bi-monthly reporting on latest student forecasts.
- Provide analytical and system support for the annual and quarterly budgeting processes.
- Contribute to the development of new reports to facilitate the monitoring and tracking of actual spending against budget.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior management to aid strategic decisions.
- Develop excel-based projection models and perform sensitivity analysis for new business opportunities.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Requires at least 3 years of post-graduation work experience in financial reporting or business analysis.
- A financial designation (CPA, CFA etc.) or in pursuance of a financial designation.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts with ability to develop new financial models and provide succinct analysis through presentations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet critical deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to collate and compile information from different sources and work with multiple teams in the organization.
- High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Power Query, etc).
- Must be a self-starter who can take ownership of projects with minimal supervision.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada.
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Prior professional work experience in business and financial reporting.
- Experience with Power Query/Power BI Desktop will be an asset.
- Experience supporting large-scale projects within multiple stakeholder groups