Wealth Management Portfolio Manager
The Portfolio Manager develops and implements investment strategies for our high-net-worth clients. The Portfolio Manager is the subject matter expert on investments. The Portfolio Manager meets with our clients and answers detailed questions about the specific investments our clients may have. This position meets with our clients to determine what their financial and investment needs and goals are and then makes the best recommendations for the client.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations for wealth portfolios, common and collective trusts, etc. to maximize risk adjusted returns.
- Conduct investment research, selection and oversight including the following; evaluation, selection and monitoring investment managers, write ups on recommendations (selection, status, etc.),
- Participate in manager research meetings to understand and validate underlying fund's investment strategy, positioning, and key characteristics, meet with and evaluate prospective investment managers for potential inclusion, partner with 3rd party research providers for relevant investment ideas and trends to be shared with broader investment team.
- Responsible for trading, account management, and portfolio implementation process across all managed strategies; initiates sales purchases in client accounts and executes discretionary trades; establish and maintain thorough processes and workflow documents.
- Assist with research on quantitative and technical decision-making models; contribute to the idea generation and ongoing research process across a wide variety of asset classes, sectors, capitalization, styles and regions.
- Contribute to the communications of investment managers; provide the team's investment perspectives, key positioning, trade rationale, and performance profile for internal communications.
- Perform the job in accordance with applicable industry laws and regulations as well as the policies and procedures established by the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Business, preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Investment Management, Financial Planning or Brokerage that includes communicating complex and detailed information related to investment management process and portfolio construction.
- Thorough knowledge of various securities and investment related products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of performance measurement and attribution techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, Trust Officers, Relationship Managers and other staff on complex financial plans, investment strategies and the related tax implications of proposed solutions.
- Knowledge of different types of investment accounts and levels of authority on trading activity.
- Sound understanding of the tax implications investment transactions may have on client accounts
- Experience executing investment transactions without trading errors.
- Ability to prepare client and prospect presentation material.
- Ability to deliver persuasive presentations on investment strategies to internal and external clients.
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with investment related software.
- Must be bondable.
More searches like this
- Banking Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors