Manager, Investments (Portfolio Management)
About Concert Properties Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another. Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $6 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a Manager, Investments (Portfolio Management) to join our team. The successful candidate will be focused on real estate portfolio management, valuation, and analysis for CREC Commercial Fund LP. CREC Commercial Fund LP is Concert’s exclusive platform for its industrial and commercial portfolio that is supported by Canadian pension funds and institutional investors and has $2 billion in assets. The Manager, Investments will be part of the Investments department and report to the Director, Investments. The role is based in Downtown Vancouver.
- Fund Management - Be involved on all aspects of the management of CREC Commercial Fund LP, including capital calls, future capital raises, updates to legal agreements and communications and reporting with investors.
- Valuation - Plan, organize, and execute together with external consultants the valuation of income producing properties and the corresponding term financing loans on a quarterly basis.
- Analytics - Analyze, monitor and report the strategic and financial performance of all income producing properties, including Concert’s fund portfolio performance, in comparison to market statistics and industry performance benchmarks, leading to a comprehensive investment and asset management strategy.
- Reporting - Coordinate the process of quarterly working team meetings for each property and oversee internal asset management reporting documentation. Review and provide input to quarterly and annual reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business, real estate, economics or finance
- 5-10 years of relevant real estate experience, with a background preferably in asset or portfolio management
- Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation and accounting methodology
- Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate investment properties
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus; Yardi software experience would be an asset
Please visit the website link to apply and join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.