Investment Operations Analyst
Nature of Work
This is a full time exempt position that functions as part of the Arizona Community Foundation (ACF) Investment Management Team, which is responsible for overseeing ACF’s investment programs and implementing the investment policy and strategies approved by ACF’s Investment Committee. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Investments, the Investment Operations Analyst will be responsible for all investment-related operations.
- Manage the process to open new externally managed fund investment accounts, including communicating with external advisors, coordinating the preparation and completion of all required documents, and collaborating with the ACF Financial Services Team to confirm account funding and to ensure set-up of electronic data feeds.
- Serve as ACF’s primary contact for externally managed fund investment advisors.
- Collect and aggregate externally managed fund investment oversight reports and assist in the preparation of externally managed fund reviews for the ACF Investment Committee.
- Initiate investment pool trades, private investment cash flows, wire transfers, and cash movements in coordination with the VP of Investments and ACF’s custodian bank.
- Coordinate the review and preparation of all required documentation for pool investments.
- Collaborate with the ACF Financial Services Team and the VP of Investments to maintain appropriate levels of cash in the investment pools.
- Ensure all investment program documentation on the ACF website is up-to-date.
- Prepare and update informational documents related to ACF’s investment programs.
- Assist the Financial Services Team with ACF’s annual audit, particularly the collection of K-1s, audited financial statements, and other relevant pool investment documents.
- Collaborate with ACF’s Relationship Managers and the VP of Investments to respond to investment-related requests and questions from fundholders.
- Ensure appropriate signature authority remains up-to-date for all investment accounts.
- Collaborate with ACF’s Administrative Services Team and the VP of Investments to ensure smooth execution of Investment Committee meetings.
- Assist the VP of Investments as needed in all Investment Management functions.
Knowledge or Skills
To succeed in this role, the candidate must be a team player, must be detail-oriented and must possess the following:
- Three or more years in investment operations or related role, preferably with an investment advisory firm or custodian bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong technology skills, including high-level expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with e-signature platforms such as DocuSign and Adobe.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Customer service orientation including donors, vendors and other constituent groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and an organizational mission geared toward the common good.
- Embrace the core values of exceptional service, stewardship, integrity, innovation, nimbleness, inclusion, and collaboration.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than or in addition to those specifically presented in this description.
ACF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. ACF does not discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.