Senior Analyst - High Yield/Leveraged Loans
Allstate Investments manages over $90 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private debt and equity securities and commercial mortgages, as well as, finance, risk and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged. For additional information about Allstate Investments, LLC, visit our website at www.AllstateInvestments.com
Area of Responsibility
As part of Allstate Investment’s Below Investment Grade (BIG) activities, we invest in high yield bonds and broadly syndicated bank loans for several mandates including the Allstate general accounts and Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) managed by our team under the AIMCO name.
Allstate Investments Public Asset Group is seeking a senior analyst to join our credit research team that supports our High Yield and Leveraged Loan/CLO portfolios.
The senior analyst role involves following various leveraged investments and making recommendations based on a thorough understanding of industry and company fundamentals, as well as valuation. Our process is very team-oriented, so the ability to work well within the group is critical. The goal of the research team is to help deliver the best possible results for our clients. This job involves working closely with portfolio managers, developing investment themes, credit analysis and relative value recommendations.
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to focus on the following:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the underwriting of potential investment opportunities; this involves thoroughly reviewing the deal presentations and other related company or industry material, attending or viewing the issuer’s road show presentation, discussing the company’s historical financial performance and business outlook with the portfolio managers to assure that all the relevant issues are properly considered and resolved. This activity often takes place on an accelerated time frame.
- Making recommendations that will drive portfolio outperformance. For existing issues, this includes reviewing quarterly operating results, writing credit reports and updates, developing and updating financial models, reviewing key industry issues and competitors and monitoring changes in prices and spreads.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
- Provide support for internal and external communications on an as-needed basis.
Challenges Within The First 12 Months
The most significant challenges for the Senior Analyst for the first 12 months include:
- Learning the organization, culture and processes;
- Establishing credibility with and earning the trust of the Portfolio Managers and the other asset teams within Allstate;
- Developing sufficient knowledge of current portfolio holdings to preserve strong financial performance and seek attractive investment opportunities for the portfolios.
- Eight years of primary analyst coverage responsibility across High Yield and/or Leveraged Loans; Technology/Telecom focus preferred
- Solid understanding of the capital markets, quantitative methods, finance, economics and market cycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a reliable team player, to build trust and confidence through collaborations with a wide range of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work efficiently, organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products and Bloomberg
A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related with strong academic performance; MBA and/or CFA preferred
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Insurance Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors