Senior Investment Research Analyst - Consumer/Internet Media
Consumer/Internet Media Sector Analyst
Advent Capital, is a leading New York City based private Investment Management Company with $11+ billion in long only and hedge fund assets under management. We are seeking at senior level Research Analyst with ten years minimum work experience focused on consumer facing (B2C) sectors ranging from traditional and online retail to more broadly internet media and services. This dynamic research role will support the firm’s investments in these sectors across domestic and international markets.
- Lead research analyst for consumer oriented internet platforms and traditional consumer discretionary and staples sectors. Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across multiple industry groups for the firm’s event-driven and long only strategies.
- Build and maintain financial models, valuation analyses and publish internal research reports
- Work and interact closely with several portfolio management teams and traders
CANDIDATE SKILLS/ BACKGROUND
- 10+ years of financial industry experience
- Consumer/Retail and Internet Media industry background
- Buy-side work experience preferred
- Multi-investment product familiarity (equity, high yield, convertibles) is helpful
- Highly self motivated, demonstrate strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills
- Strong investment record and passion for the investment process
- Education: CFA and/or MBA equivalent required