ESG Investment Analyst
Hansabay is a registered fund management company in Singapore, managing several funds and mandates, primarily focused on Asian public markets. We have been active in Singapore for over ten years and serve both institutional investors and family offices, primarily from Europe and the US, to access emerging and frontier markets. Firmwide AUM is expected to exceed $1 bn in 2021.
The investment style is based on fundamental bottom-up research, with a strong focus on direct engagement with target companies, including the ambition to positively influence management teams and owners to create long-term value.
Hansabay was one of the first boutique manager signatories to the UN PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) in Singapore, and has been incorporating sustainability and broader ESG considerations in its investment process since inception. We take a forward-looking approach, and while we do exclude some investments, we most of all constructively cover integration and transition investment cases.
The ESG Investment Analyst would be reporting to the senior leadership, working directly with all members of the team, and be responsible for
- spearheading the research of ESG aspects of (primarily) public equity investments, utilizing meetings with senior representatives of target companies and desk research
- contributing to investment ideas from an ESG angle and on a daily basis keep the team abreast of relevant market news and publications
- maintaining a database of current and past portfolio companies’ ESG & SDG relevant aspects, incl. investment theses, and ESG metrics such as the carbon and water footprint
- leading the continuous development of the company’s Responsible Investment Policy, and rising to be the company’s primary owner of analytical alignment with evolving external standards such as the EU Taxonomy’s or the UN PRI’s, including reporting thereto.
Place of work will be the CBD plus some remote working from home, depending on the prevailing Covid regulations. If travel restrictions were to ease at any point, external field work (such as company visits / interviews) would normally be part of the job.
The ideal candidate would have graduated recently (or with a few years’ experience), with an authorization to work in Singapore. The candidate should have a keen interest in sustainability and investing, and be familiar at a basic level with
- international sustainable investing frameworks such as the EU Taxonomy and the UN PRI
- the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and different approaches to incorporating ESG considerations in investing
We value top academic credentials, a solid background in Asia, prior work experience in either investment banking/management, management consulting, professional services or a relevant industry. Most importantly, we look for a compelling track record of making the most of each opportunity that candidates have been presented with in the past.
The following would help with the daily requirements of the job:
- Microsoft Office and Bloomberg: data organization, financial modelling, and presentation
- Extremely strong research skills using industry publications, equity research, company annual reports
- High motivation level and excellent communication skills paired with a working manner that is detail oriented and able to multi-task
We have a culture of open debate and would look forward to discuss any of your own investment ideas with you during interviews. Please send your CV and cover letter to Samantha Pow at firstname.lastname@example.org.