Senior Analyst / Manager - Corporate Development
SENIOR ANALYST / MANAGER, CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Development, the role will center on AltaGas’ corporate development activities with a focus on creating sustainable growth and durable shareholder value creation. This will include evaluating a wide range of growth initiatives, including various acquisition, organic expansion, and other investment opportunities. The position will also include playing a role in the company’s long term financial and strategic planning. This will include providing valuation and investment analysis for major corporate transactions, work on strategic corporate finance issues, and provide leadership for various due diligence processes. The successful candidate will also play a role in developing other team members and working on cross functional basis with Investor Relations and other parts of the organization.
To be effective in this position, the successful candidate will have an ability for critical thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbally. The role will also crossover with our investor relations and capital markets functions with a focus on creating long-term and sustainable value. We would emphasize that only team-oriented candidates should apply. We work on challenging projects and we do so as a team. We structure our days without hierarchy or bureaucracy, and we hold ourselves accountable to each other, our stakeholders, and our work. And in that regard, nothing is more important than building and operating with a strong culture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform valuation and investment analysis on major transactions and communicate recommendations and conclusions to AltaGas Senior Management
- Manage transaction due diligence, including identifying major issues and facilitating discussions with key people across the organization as well as external experts
- Maintain and build relationships with banks and other third parties
- Support senior management in the development of the annual Strategic Plan
- Provide financial advice, support and review to other areas of the company on various development opportunities
- Contribute in the preparation of presentation material for AltaGas’ senior management and Board of Directors
What you must have:
- Bachelor level university educated preferably with a finance or accounting focus
- Financial related designation (i.e. CFA, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or masters level university educated is considered an asset
- Excellent financial analysis skills and the ability through utilizing Microsoft Excel to achieve timely and focused analytical conclusions
- Ability to think independently, critically, analytically, and quickly while maintaining both a macro and micro level perspective
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person's ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.