Investment Fund Analyst
Title: Investment Fund Analyst
Department: Investment Fund Analysts Team
Reporting To: Associate director - Investment Fund Analyst
Location: Gurgaon, India
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $608.7billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $437 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures..
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Integrity - Doing the right thing, every time and putting the client first
Trust - Empowering each other to take the initiative and make good decision
Our employees should be:
Brave - Challenge the status quo, be accountable and speak up
Bold - Act with conviction, encourage diverse thinking and keep things simple
Curious - Learn to do new things in better ways and encourage fresh thinking
Compassionate - Have empathy, care for colleagues, clients and the community
The Investment Fund Analysts team is India is an integral part of the Investment Directing teams (Equities, Fixed income and Multi Asset) based in London, Japan, Hong Kong and Canada. The Investment Fund Analysts in India works closely with the Investment Directing teams in overseas offices and the role involves supporting Investment Directors in generating baseline investment communication material for Fidelity funds. This includes market reviews, fund analysis/performance & strategy commentaries for client reports, and fund presentation updates – all aimed to help in asset gathering and asset retention. The role is integral to the successful functioning of each product franchise.
The Investment Fund Analysts will be required to update/produce sales materials such as standard product presentations in order to enable our distribution teams to provide their clients and prospects with an informed view of the investment process behind each fund, along with explanations of current fund performance and positioning. It will also be the responsibility of the individual to provide a quick and relevant response to client queries on funds using existing material or information sourced from elsewhere in the company.
This role is for supporting the Investment Specialists/ Investment Directing team for equities.
- Produce market reviews and investment outlook pieces
- Ability to think from a customer viewpoint and deliver timely, accurate and insightful communication on Fidelity funds. This will require a detailed knowledge of each manager’s investment process, recent performance and portfolio positioning
- Write monthly, quarterly and annual client reports, as well as statutory annual and semi-annual reports, tailoring the output to each specific template
- Present data in understandable format for sales teams
- Ensure all standard product content for Fidelity products is produced on time and to the appropriate quality standards
- Address ad hoc data related queries on funds
- Accurate collation and generation of presentations using a variety of media
- Develop an understanding of the sales process
- Support in automation of information provided to customer services teams
Skills/Qualifications and experience
- Masters Degree – economics/business/finance
- CFA qualification would be advantageous
- 4+ years relevant experience in security analysis / investment/research related role
- Good knowledge of the equity markets and key macroeconomic indicators
- Good writing skills with attention to detail
- Competent at analysing fund-related data
- Familiarity with databases like DataStream and Bloomberg required
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and VBA
- Strong communicator and an ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation including stakeholders in global locations
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self motivated and resilient
- Strong team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an inclination for going beyond immediate deliverables and understanding the business environment in order to effect improvements
- Proactive approach and a ‘Can-do’ attitude
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Banking Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Economics Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time