Client Reporting Analyst
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Client Reporting Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the Institutional and Wealth Management sales organizations with client reporting, qualitative and quantitative analysis. The position will require teamwork and collaboration with multiple departments. Although interactions with the end client are limited, the role is focused on providing exceptional client service through timely and accurate analysis and reporting.
- Prepare quarterly, monthly and ad hoc analysis and client reporting for institutional and\or wealth management clients.
- Perform detailed review of client deliverables.
- Design, prepare and review custom institutional client reports utilizing Factset, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Prepare portfolio correlation and overlap analysis.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all requests.
- Perform and communicate attribution analysis.
- Investigate portfolio specific inquiries.
- Develop a specialized knowledge of all relevant Parametric products and strategies.
- Uphold department reputation through professionalism, accuracy, responsiveness and commitment to client service.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the firm's structure, key personnel and organizational policies and procedures, in addition to a functional knowledge of a professional services environment.
- Assume other responsibilities as required.
- 4-year degree, preferably in related discipline such as economics or business.
- 2-4 years of related industry experience.
- Strong math/quantitative skills.
- Proficient in Excel including using V-Lookup and PivotTables.
- Ability to excel independently and in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to maintain productivity and strong work ethic under minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of statistics and familiarity with the principles of portfolio management.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to handle a heavy, deadline-oriented workload.
- Ability to successfully manage and coordinate simultaneous multiple-level projects and tasks with internal departments.
- High attention to detail and strong sense of urgency.
- Must possess a high level of initiative and have a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Factset, Bloomberg and other analysis tools is a plus.
- Proficiency in macro writing is a plus.
- Completion of Level I or higher of the CFA program a plus.