Investment Research Analyst
Position Description: Investment Research Analyst
We are looking for an analyst to continuously monitor and evaluate our investment manager platform and analyze new investment opportunities. Working with senior investment professionals, the analyst will use both qualitative judgement and quantitative analysis to help source and evaluate new investment manager opportunities across a range of asset classes and strategies. A successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to advance within the organization and to have a significant impact on the firm’s investment process.
- Source, evaluate, and monitor prospective and existing investment managers.
- Research Investment managers and prepare in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis on firms, investment teams, back office operations, investment processes, investment performance, portfolio positioning, risk characteristics and holdings.
- Prepare investment review memoranda and client presentation materials.
- Maintain investment manager research information and drive process improvements for data analysis and management.
- Contribute to our overall portfolio management process by communicating with existing and prospective investment managers to determine their outlook and portfolio positioning.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Highest level of ethics and passion for investing
- Intelligent, curious, and independent thinker
- Analytical thinker, pays careful attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent communicator - ability to organize, write and present investment research
- Tenacity to dig for information that is not easily available
- Great collaborator and team player but can also thrive in an unstructured environment
- Deliberate and thoughtful, with an exceptional ability to identify and think through hidden opportunities and risks
- Process driven with experience in a rigorous and objective approach to analyzing investment portfolios across various asset classes
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Patience – We invest for the long term and generally expect to own our investments indefinitely
- Willingness to travel for investment manager research
- Minimum 1-3 years of industry experience and bachelor’s degree
Competitive base salary, performance bonus, profit-sharing and health care benefits.
Windmark Investment Partners (WIP) provides investment and fiduciary services to sponsors of large institutional asset pools. We currently advise on over $20 billion in assets. We primarily invest through fund managers globally across a variety of strategies including equity, fixed income, hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, real estate, and real assets.