About: CO Capital is an impact-first Mexican venture fund with a focus on Latin America which looks to generate systemic change via impact investments in truly transformative initiatives that have the possibility to generate financial return for investors. Our goal is to scale social transformation, gender equality and the mitigation of climate change. CO Capital is the investment arm of CO Plataforma, which has been a key player in the building of the impact ecosystem in Mexico over the last decade.
The Role: As a full-time Senior Analyst, you will support and play a leading role in industry analysis and the evaluation of potential investments from a business and impact perspective, deal execution, and the managing and monitoring of CO Capital’s portfolio companies.
Competencies and soft skills:
- Intentionality to generate change and positive impact
- A strong, collaborative team player with leadership skills
- Ability to hold and debate an opinion whilst being open-minded to accept being wrong and learning from mistakes
- Humility and willingness to learn
- Roll-up-their-sleeves mentality to work across different areas and projects in a startup-type environment
- Demonstrated commitment to and deep knowledge of Mexico and Latin America markets and social and environmental change through innovation and social entrepreneurship.
- Exceptional analytical, synthesis, critical thinking and research capabilities.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the investment sector, ideally in private equity or venture capital, although could be banking.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Advanced financial modelling skills and understanding of financial reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Support across all investment activities, primarily in due diligence efforts
- Perform independent and insightful business and impact analyses and make recommendations on business and impact issues
- Prepare internal investment memos to be presented to the IC
- Deepen the target industry knowledge and contacts to help drive investment strategy and effectively conduct due diligence
- Help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Maintain direct contact with entrepreneurs to evaluate potential investments.
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital firms in Latin America to share trends, ideas, investment opportunities, as well as extending the firm’s reach and reputation through outreach
Play an active role in the managing, monitoring and value-add to portfolio companies
Location: preference for Mexico City due to central offices, open to discuss
Compensation: competitive according with sector benchmarks with hybrid work modality and benefits
For more information: please send a maximum 2-page resumé and 1-page cover letter