Fixed Income Analyst
Fixed Income Analyst
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management Ltd.
We are looking for a Fixed Income Analyst to join our Fixed Income Team in Vancouver. This Fixed Income Analyst is a member of the Investment Process Management (IPM) team. The IPM team plays a central role in our portfolio construction process, with responsibility for the accurate and timely collection and transformation of data through robust and efficient processes. The company has been managing institutional fixed income portfolios for over 30 years and is currently responsible for managing Canadian fixed income assets in excess of $14 billion.
What You Will Do
This is an entry level opportunity with responsibilities that include:
- Work with members of the portfolio construction, trading and research teams
- Provide real time support for critical processes required for monitoring and executing trades
- Manage and enhance portfolio and financial data used in the investment models
- Manage and enhance fixed income investment processes
What You Bring
- 1-2 years of work experience, ideally in an investment management firm
- Degree in a related field such as in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Econometrics
- Demonstrated understanding of financial concepts with an interest in fixed income
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to think critically and creatively
- Effective and professional communicator with team members and external clients/vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team environment
- Ambitious self-starter with a drive to succeed
- Programming and/or database management skills considered an asset
- Progress toward completion of the CFA is an asset
Who We Are
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CC&LFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CC&LFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $90 billion in assets and over 640 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF to our careers webpage here before July 8, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.