OVERVIEW OF PETERS & CO. LIMITED
Peters & Co. Limited is celebrating its 50th anniversary as an independent, fully integrated investment dealer specializing in investments in the Canadian energy sector.
Peters & Co. provides investment services to institutional investors and private clients; employs its own sales and trading group; conducts specialized and comprehensive investment research across the energy spectrum; and is an active underwriter for, and financial advisor to, companies in the Canadian energy industry.
JOB OPPORTUNITY – EQUITY RESEARCH
Peters & Co. is currently seeking to hire a highly self-motivated and energetic individual to join our Research Department. A successful candidate will be involved with the coverage of public energy companies and industry analysis across sub-sectors (including production, infrastructure, renewables, energy services, and/or energy technology). The successful candidate will develop advanced skills in financial modeling as well as a strong understanding of financial statement analysis and valuation methods.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- Business, engineering, or math oriented undergraduate degree;
- Financial, accounting, engineering or energy sector related work experience;
- High energy level and positive attitude;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products;
- Above average qualities of leadership, work ethic, and motivation;
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Acute attention to detail; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com and reference Research Job Opportunity in the subject line. We ask that all candidates include in their cover letter why you want to work at Peters & Co. Limited specifically. All applications received will be held in the strictest of confidence. We appreciate all applicants’ interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.