Director of Investor Relations
The Investor Relations Director plays a critical role as part of Televisa’s Investor Relations team, reporting to the Head of Investor Relations in the day-to-day interaction with institutional investors and sell side analysts. In addition, the IR Director occasionally provides support in strategic initiatives such as M&A transactions, debt issuance and regulatory matters.
This role demands a unique combination of financial knowledge and communications skills. We are looking for someone who can develop a relationship with institutional investors and sell side analysts and can deliver and explain Televisa’s story and investment thesis. The role involves constant communication with the investment community, from preparing earnings reports to participating in investor conferences.
Televisa’s IR team is a small but very active and relevant part of Grupo Televisa, a Mexican a dynamic company involved in the media and telecommunication industries.
- Detailed analysis of sell side reports on Televisa, including earnings forecasts and valuation assumptions, as well as review of sell side reports on competitors, comparable companies and the media and telecommunications industries.
- Organizing the company’s attendance to, and participating in, investor conferences in Mexico, the US and Europe.
- Maintaining ongoing dialogue with sell side analysts and investors to respond to questions on the company’s performance, prospects, and strategy.
- Preparing reports for senior management on sell side coverage, investor feedback, peers information, changes in shareholding positions.
- Gathering of information for, and production of, quarterly earnings reports and coordination of earnings calls.
- Quarterly update to internal forecasts, valuation model, investor presentations, among others; preparation of the company’s Annual Report in coordination with all areas involved.
- Participate in 20-F preparation as well as in the preparation of other forms required by financial regulators.
- At least four years of work experience in a finance-related function.
- Strong analytical skills with prior responsibilities involving forecasting, valuation, and database management.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish, written and spoken, with prior assignments involving production of reports and presentations for internal or external use.
- Mastering of Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- CFA charterholder or MBA