Investment Analyst/Portfolio Adminstrator
Investment Analyst/Portfolio Administrator
At Briaud Financial Advisors, we pride ourselves on our culture of continuous growth, integrity, teamwork, and professionalism. We are seeking an Investment Analyst/Portfolio Administrator to join our growing investment team. This position will share responsibilities of an Investment Analyst and Portfolio Administrator and look to transition into an exclusive Investment Analyst role over time.
This position is well-suited for you if you are known for your attention to detail, your sense for numbers, and your ability to think independently and creatively.
In this role you will:
- Research potential investment opportunities and present findings to investment committee
- Create end-client deliverables for new and existing clients
- Assist in development of content sent to clients: newsletters, webinars, etc.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to investment-related client questions
- Maintain client portfolios through regular review and rebalancing
- Ensure portfolio management system data accuracy and fidelity through routine reconciliation and updates
- Execute trades on behalf of clients, whether in bulk or as one-off trades
If you have the following, we want to talk to you:
- A passion for investing — Whether your passion is budding or full-flamed, you can’t help but feel compelled to work in this industry.
- Extreme level of detail — You see and care about the little things that others overlook.
- Intuitive sense for numbers — Grasping number-related concepts is natural for you. You see patterns in numbers and can identify when those patterns change easily.
- Coolness under pressure — In stressful situations, you persevere and are OK shouldering the burden of responsibility.
- Superior conceptual and problem-solving skills — Solutions come naturally to you and you aren’t afraid to think outside the box or look for unconventional answers. And if you don’t know the answer, you go and find it.
- Excellent communication skills — You are able to simplify complex topics and can communicate trust and calm.
- Humble spirit — You know the areas you need to grow in professionally and you embrace constructive criticism. You strive each day to be a little bit better than before.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of work experience
- CFA Candidate or Charterholder
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Briaud Benefits Include:
- 10 paid company holidays along with 3 weeks of paid leave
- 401(k) with employer matching (eligible after 1 year)
- HSA/FSA/DCFSA availability
- Continuing Education – paid professional dues, conference attendance, additional training, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and highlight why this role interests you.
More about Briaud
“Briaud delivers financial security to some of the smartest people in the world.”
What started as a passionate hobby has grown into arguably the best Fee-Only Financial Advisory firm in the country. Briaud Financial Advisors specializes in working with university professionals and their families providing a holistic financial planning experience. Described within the industry as a “white glove service”, Briaud utilizes a deep bench of expertise, leveraging decades of experience to help clients meet their long-term financial goals.
Briaud is a lower volatility-seeking firm with an emphasis on “steady returns”. Advising just under $700M in assets, Briaud executes a Macro-driven investment process to manage the portfolios under advisement. Investments utilized with this process include ETFs, Mutual Funds, and individual Fixed-Income securities.