Portfolio Manager – Wealth Management
JOB TITLE: Portfolio Manager – Wealth Management
Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Valley View, Ohio, Lineweaver Financial Group, Lineweaver Wealth Advisors, and LFG Tax Services, combine to form the Lineweaver Family of Companies. We specialize in providing comprehensive financial planning for High Net Worth clients, and have more than three quarters of a billion dollars in assets under advisement for our corporate and private clients. Our growing organization provides professional development and career advancement opportunities. Our company philosophy is that everyone needs an experienced Financial QuarterbackSM who can help coordinate all of a client’s financial, tax, legal, and insurance needs, and help them achieve comprehensive and holistic financial planning. We have six locations across Northeast Ohio, as well as clients in 27 states.
The Portfolio Manager – Wealth Management, manages and helps construct and customize investment portfolios in accordance with client investment goals and objectives. Uses knowledge of asset/liability management and asset allocation philosophies to achieve objectives for risk appetite and strategic outcomes. Contributes to security and manager selection for firm’s core equity, ETF, Mutual Fund models, and custom portfolios; and provides overall input on management of client portfolios. Effectively communicates financial market conditions to senior management and investment team/committee. Research financial markets, economic conditions; geographic, style, sector allocations, and individual securities/equities. Monitors portfolio positions and performance.
Essential Day-to-Day Duties and Activities
- Evaluates client goals and objectives, contributes to portfolio construction and management.
- Reviews and structures investment portfolios in accordance with client objectives and investment policy, initiates and maintains investment model construction, and executes appropriate transactions consistent with investment strategy.
- Implements and maintains the firm’s suite of core equity, ETF, and Mutual funds models and provides strategic and tactical input on custom portfolios.
- Pursues and implements broad asset allocation strategies consistent with investment strategy guidance.
- Maintains expertise in financial markets and other related areas while also participating on or contributing to the investment committee.
- Make recommendations to add or remove securities and investment managers based on due diligence, and help maintain relationships for the managers once added to the portfolio.
- Develop reporting and interpret the output for actionable investment portfolio modifications.
- Reviews portfolios to analyze investment performance.
- Provide commentary to various stakeholders in a simple, easy to understand manner.
- Recommend, implement, and refine portfolio management process when necessary.
- Participate collaboratively with the investment team in the decision-making process associated with all investment portfolios, major asset classes, and managers.
- Experience with custom portfolio design, construction, implementation and maintenance for High Net Worth (HNW) private and corporate clients
- Monitor the daily positioning of custom models and portfolios and recommends tactical trades around the approved risk appetite and investment goals.
- Assist in the management of client portfolios including analysis of asset allocation, portfolio construction, and strategy-specific investments to ensure that portfolios are aligned with the client’s wealth objectives and current research and market positioning.
- Experience across a range of financial technology tools.
- Knowledge of individual securities, ETFs, mutual funds, options strategies, and trading strategies.
- Experience customizing and creating tax-sensitive portfolios
- Experience creating and updating accurate IPS documentation
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field is required.
- 5+ years relevant investment experience with strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets.
- CFA designation required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Bloomberg.
- The ability to learn, evaluate and interface with a broad range of investment tools and platforms.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of macroeconomics, investment markets, and financial analysis.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, and ability to operate effectively with minimal direct, ongoing supervision.
The Ideal Candidate Models the Following Personal Competencies:
- Character – Display high integrity and honesty
- Personal Capability – Demonstrate technical and professional expertise, solve problems, analyze issues, innovate, practice self-development
- Focus on Results – Establish stretch goals and take responsibility for outcomes
- Interpersonal Skills – Communicate effectively, build relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Bias for Action – High activity in person and on the phone
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and incentive pay
- 401(k) with match after the first year
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Profit sharing after the first year
- Friday afternoons off
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from home part-time
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for development and advancement