Senior Manager, Business Performance
The Senior Manager, Business Performance is responsible for delivering financial business support for the credit union and its subsidiaries. They lead the financial planning, budgeting/forecasting and analysis processes for First West. They also prepare management and Board reporting, assess business performance, provide advice to improve performance, work with executive leaders to align performance to strategic objectives, and lead the Finance Business Partners team.
- Leadership: Provides leadership and direction to the Finance Business Partners, including coaching, training and development, establishing annual goals and completing performance management processes; oversees the completion and accuracy of time-sensitive tasks; and reviews work to ensure quality.
- Financial Performance: As an integral part of the Finance team, oversees the financial and business performance for First West, including subsidiaries; and supports the FWLT by providing recommendations for improved financial performance.
- Budget & Forecasting: Manages the annual budget process which aligns with the credit union’s strategic goals; operationalizes a rolling forecast process, contributes to long-range projections and provides recommendations.
- Financial Reporting: Contributes to the production of management and Board reporting, ensuring content is consistent with First West standards and supports strong financial governance; and works with Finance leadership to prepare strategic documents for the FWLT and the Board.
- Strategic Projects: Actively participate in strategic projects providing finance subject matter expertise (including mergers, divestments, enterprise and business transformation initiatives and federal continuance). Provides senior level leadership to the Finance team, providing ongoing coaching and support for all team members.
- Relationship Building/Stakeholder Engagement: Develops strong working relationships with all business units and department leaders while providing guidance and assisting them in achieving the organizational strategic and financial priorities. Ensures excellent service standards for the finance team are established and maintained; develops and leads the finance team by creating an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration, and the achievement of results.
Directly responsible for supervising professional or technical employees
Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Other Certifications, Designations or Licenses – CPA or CFA
- 7 years’ experience in progressively senior finance roles; 5 years in leadership (managing designated staff and engaging with senior stakeholders)
- Detailed knowledge of corporate planning processes and systems
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross departmental and multiple business unit groups
- Experience with a financial institution
- Advanced proficiency in complex financial analysis and advanced problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of risk analysis, business planning, budgeting, and financial modeling
- Top-tier ERP experience as a power user (ideally Oracle Cloud)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment, and support strong cross-functional interpersonal relationships
- Strong action orientation combined with the ability to balance practical implementation issues.
- Ability to take business concepts and visions and create solutions, coupled with the ability to understand the trends and future direction of the financial services industry