Manager Research - ESG
1 day left
About The Sustainable Finance Solutions Team
The Sustainable Finance Solutions (SFS) Team is a rapid growth business that is responsible for developing and bringing ESG products to multi-national corporations and financial institutions. Our services include green/social/sustainability bond second-party opinions, annual compliance reviews, and other services that help our clients to provide sustainability insights to investors and lenders. This successful new business is continually surpassing sales forecasts and has been recognized as “the largest external reviewer” of green bonds by Environmental Finance and the Climate Bonds Initiative for several consecutive years. See our Green & Social Bonds services for more information.
As a senior member of the Sustainable Finance Solutions team, the Manager will contribute to the growth of Sustainalytics’ market positioning as a leading provider of second-party opinions for sustainable bond frameworks. Based in Mumbai, the role will involve a regional emphasis on supporting clients from Asia-Pacific, alongside other region as required, including underwriters and issuers (namely, corporations, development banks, sovereigns and municipalities).
In an innovative and fast-growing industry, we are seeking a candidate with strong analytical and problem- solving skills, a commercial and client-centric approach, who thrives in a dynamic work environment. Engaging with issuers and underwriters on an ongoing basis to support the development of credible sustainability bond frameworks, key responsibilities include managing the execution and delivery of second-party opinions and annual reviews across a range of industries and project areas. The role also entails managing and training a team of researchers to provide credible opinions in line with evolving market expectations and industry standards.
- Manage the execution of well-written and high-quality sustainability bond second-party opinions. This often requires working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Engage with issuers and underwriters regarding framework development;
- Work collaboratively with the SFS team across our global offices, to help strengthen our presence in the market and to ensure opportunities are managed efficiently and effectively;
- Manage the development of a team of researchers at various stages of experience via weekly check-ins, and formal mid-year and annual assessments;
- Communicate sustainability insights and knowledge across the team, contributing to research discussions on an ongoing basis;
- Continuously strengthen sustainability knowledge and expertise across a variety of themes and sectors;
- Develop expertise in sustainable debt financing and stay on top of sustainability bond market trends and developments; and
- Accurately track and monitor capacity, recording project management data in internal systems
Qualifications: ·Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills; ·Fluency in additional languages considered an asset (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean in particular); ·Experience in financial markets or corporate consulting considered an asset; ·Passion for sustainability and demonstrated interest in sustainable finance and green bonds; ·5+ years of related work experience managing projects and teams; ·Degree in related discipline (business, finance, sustainability, engineering); ·Client-centric and commercial approach; ··Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn in a constantly evolving and fast-paced environment; ··Accuracy and attention to detail; ··Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, across different regions; ··Excellent teamwork and communication skills; ··Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission vision values ··Positive attitude, Innovative and entrepreneurial Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Banking Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Structured Products Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors