Advisory Research Investment Management – Equity Analyst:
Advisory Research Investment Management is a Chicago-based investment management firm with approximately $2 billion in assets under management.
The firm seeks an equity analyst with a sincere interest in investing and intensive fundamental research.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Conduct fundamental analysis on potential new equity investments.
- Understand the drivers of the competitive positions within assigned industries, identifying the sources and sustainability of a company’s competitive advantage.
- Detailed analysis of financial statements and filings, as well as projections of future financial profiles and returns.
- Conduct calls with management teams and industry competitors.
- Effectively communicate investment research and recommendations in writing, through research memos and e-mails, and verbally at regular investment meetings.
- Make investment recommendations based upon detailed analytical research.
- Develop a well-understood and well-researched collection of companies that could be purchased at the right price over time.
- Provide value-added insights into existing portfolio companies through continued fundamental analysis.
- Strong interest in investing and in-depth, fundamental company analysis
- Strong analytical and valuation skills
- Passion for equity investing
- Ability to work both as part of a small team and independently
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Two to seven years of related investment analysis experience
- CFA Charter preferred