Operational Due Diligence Associate Analyst
Job Summary & Purpose:
Albourne Partners Limited Canada is looking for an Operational Due Diligence (ODD) Associate Analyst to join our team in Toronto, ON. Operational due diligence is the risk assessment of operational processes at an investment manager for an overall opinion to help Albourne’s clients make an investment decision. The ODD Associate Analyst assists ODD Analysts in conducting operational due diligence on alternative investment managers.
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 450+ employees provides advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed fee pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
- Review and interpret financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature. Upon that review and interpretation, produce research deliverables for clients within the scheduled deadline.
- Liaise with fund service providers to ensure timely receipt of information on the funds.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Conduct with fellow Due Diligence Analysts onsite interviews with fund managers to discuss operational risks, internal controls and information systems, as well as verifying existence of assets.
- Deploy skills and experience to contribute to these meetings and to prepare clear and concise written notes to summarise the findings.
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared, reviewed, and delivered on a timely and accurate basis.
- Active idea contributor to client newsletter and intranet.
- Participate in production of white paper research for distribution to clients.
- Follow Albourne’s “Best Practices” with respect to operational due diligence.
- Other ad hoc projects from time to time upon request.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on research reports.
- University graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience in areas such as fund operations, fund administration, prime brokerage, audit, legal, compliance, technology & information security is an asset
- Proactive self-starter with proficiency in time management and multi-tasking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Systems literacy (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to travel when required
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals
- Regulatory registration (dependent on regional requirements)
- Comprehensive group health coverage
- Registered retirement savings program
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursements
- Company events & social hours
- A collegiate and entrepreneurial work environment
- Wellness program (e.g. office yoga sessions, meditation, group activities, fun runs, inter-office competitions)
- Sponsored charity day events and volunteering opportunities
- Biennial company offsite events
Albourne is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Albourne Partners (Canada) Limited (“APCA” ) is in full compliance with the AODA
APCA will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact HR.
You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Albourne thanks all applicants but only successful candidates will be contacted.