We’re growing. Seeking an Investment Counsellor to be part of North America’s Best Private bank for Entrepreneurs and Canada’s Best Private Bank.
BMO Private Wealth is a multi-disciplinary wealth advisory team made up of BMO Nesbitt Burns and BMO Private Banking wealth professionals that takes a holistic and proactive approach to helping high net-worth and ultra high net-worth individuals and families, including business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals and executives.
We’re seeking a results-driven individual to join its Investment Management Advisory Team. Reporting to the Vice President and Regional Director Investment Management the incumbent will occupy a senior role and work with other senior members of the BMO Private Wealth. Besides an opportunity to be part of a team of award-winning wealth management professionals, you’ll have access to a full spectrum of resources to address the wealth management needs of clients.
Key accountabilities include:
- Relationship Management: Be accountable and responsible for contributing to the regional business plan by effectively servicing financially complex client relationships.
- Investment Management, Financial Planning, Estate & Trust Services: Participates in the creation and implementation of financial planning strategies to help clients achieve their financial and personal goals. Provides expert level investment management support for clients and peers and is able to communicate BMO Harris Private Bank investment strategies to existing and potential clients. Provides above average knowledge and understanding of Financial, Tax and Estate Planning principles to each client’s personal financial situation if required.
- Business Development: Effectively acquire new referrals from existing book of business to continue to support ongoing business growth, as well as identifying new business opportunities. Continuously look for ways to enhance the Firm’s presence in the marketplace by creating innovative business development strategies and for developing highly profitable new business leads through extensive external networks. Deliver on business development, revenue, referral, retention, and compliance targets.
- Team Effectiveness: Supports a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration, and diversity as well as, demonstrates a high tolerance and flexibility for change. Provides insight and shares expertise with team members in regards to investing, financial planning and on non traditional financial instruments. Ensures compliance policies and procedures are applied to private client money management and existing risk management procedures and controls are being followed.
Educational and Professional Experience:
- University Degree in Finance or related field
- CFA designation
- CFP (l’QPF) designation.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the Wealth Management Industry servicing High Net Worth individuals.
- Fully licensed and registered as an IC / PM .
- Be recognized as having expert experience in discretionary money management for High Net Worth Individuals (HNW)
- Expert Investment Management and above average Financial Planning knowledge and experience.
- Exceptional business development experience with a successful track record.
- Exceptional client service and relationship management skills to effectively manage relationships across multiple levels of the organization, lines of business, and various BMO Financial Group companies as well as external partners.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.