Sr Planning Advisor
Sr Corporate Planning Advisor
Capital Markets & Corporate Planning
Reports to (Title):
Sr Vice President Capital Markets & Corporate Planning
Capital Markets & Corporate Planning
Parex Resources is a high performing public international exploration and production company, with a deep history of delivering consistent shareholder value. The company is highly profitable, possesses a strong balance sheet and is extremely well positioned for growth through organic and inorganic opportunities. Parex is grounded in making the right decisions for all stakeholders, including the communities it lives and works in, environmental stewardship, its employees and its investors. Be part of a team that performs and transforms to keep pace with the ever-changing global industry.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Capital Markets & Corporate Planning team is looking for a Sr Corporate Planning Advisor to join their team, reporting directly to the Sr Vice President Capital Markets & Corporate Planning. This person will be a seasoned leader that can convert data into action and clear messages, utilize long‐range planning model(s) to conduct financial analysis for the annual strategic planning process as well as work collaboratively with the business development, technical and within the corporate planning teams to assess significant strategic initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transform Data into information into knowledge: Data items are simply “facts” that have been collected in some storable, transferable, or expressible format. However, if the data is going to be useful, it must be transformed into information products that can be interpreted by people into knowledge so that it can be used to make better, fact-based decisions.
Strategic Planning (Annual Cycle)
- Utilize long‐range planning model(s) to conduct financial analysis for the annual strategic planning process.
- Collaboratively team with Business Units and functional groups to evaluate various strategic initiatives.
- Creation and operation of complex long‐range planning models in Excel.
- Consolidation of financial information received from Business Units
- Assist with other BU and Corporate Development initiatives as required, including acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Play a key role in the annual strategic offsite meeting that aims to inform senior leaders on fundamental strategic differentiators amongst key competitors and find opportunities
- Identification and mitigation of portfolio risks (ERM support)
- Improve the transparency of the portfolio and support better decision making through improved portfolio metrics and targets
- Structure complex problems, understand broad market trends, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify strategic insights and develop into business strategies
- Work collaboratively with functional groups (i.e. accounting, tax, treasury) to ensure coordinated approach to the long‐range plan and appropriate accounting, tax and finance assumptions
- Conduct scenario analysis and stress testing of annual long‐range financial plan.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team to assess significant strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with Parex Resources strategic and financial objectives, and risk‐return profile.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team to ensure proper due diligence is performed.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team and functional groups to ensure appropriate financial model assumptions, inputs and outputs; including accounting, tax and finance.
- Perform financial model audits on the business development team’s deal models.
- Assist with merger and acquisition evaluations.
- ESG – support/lead the evaluation of climate change capital initiatives
- Lead Assessment of Climate Change/GHG Reduction Projects
- Characterize Climate Change Scenarios in Long Term Plan
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience, Specialized Skills or Training:
- Preference of 10 years’ experience
- Prior experience with a technical E&P foundation – supported by commercial planning experience preferred
- Results Oriented - demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; well-organized and detail-oriented to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines
- Adaptable - capable of working and adapting in challenging, fast paced environments and quick to learn new skills.
- Collaborative - works effectively across the organization and with partnerships to achieve corporate and personal goals.
- Innovative - champions new ideas; creates an environment that supports innovation & creativity.
- Problem Solver/Decision Maker – demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and effectively examines events, issues, problems to generate solutions.
- Leads with Engagement – builds commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational goals.
- Excellent Communication Skills – demonstrates effective interpersonal and communications skills, including oral and written, as well as good presentation skills; Spanish fluency would be considered an asset.
- Team Player – shares knowledge, works effectively within a team environment and demonstrates technical leadership while working with other junior staff and other team members; enthusiastic, confident and develops strong working relationships quickly.
- Self-Starter – requires minimum supervision and direction to efficiently complete work assignments; has a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude toward work.