Product Manager, SPM & Client Solutions
- Oversees a largely automated, high volume of requests from internal and external clients relating to competitor analysis, one-on-one comparisons and hypothetical allocation. Reviewing these generated reports and preparing talking points that provide insight about results, fund positioning, and competitor’s funds.
- Fulfills ad hoc requests from distribution teams and other departments on request for product related inquires, such as performance reporting, product characteristics and creation of ad hoc prospecting materials and sales ideas. This includes requests that relate to multiple product structures, such as open-end mutual funds, closed-end mutual funds, UCITS and Separately Managed Accounts.
- Partners with Marketing and other internal resources on the design and creation of ad hoc prospecting materials and sales ideas. Work with product and channel marketing as a central idea source for content included in marketing material.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that convey complex investment concepts to external and internal clients.
- Responsible for generating, maintaining, and distributing daily, monthly and quarterly reporting packages. Ensure timely completion of all distribution team deliverables.
- Develops and maintains a complete understanding of competing funds features and benefits to draw competitive advantages of our products to assist in the distribution of Calamos products.
- Provides support in new product development and product rationalization projects, by gathering research and preparing reports on industry/competitor analysis, product positioning and other industry developments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Finance or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience, with experience in the asset management industry. Experience in product management a plus.
- Work toward CFA, CAIA or CFP designations.
- Series 6 and/or 7 licenses required.
- Desire to learn about investments and investment product management.
- High attention to detail with well-developed analytical and problem solving skill. Able to interpret data from analytical software such as Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, Strategic Insights, eVestment Alliance, etc.
- Team player with client service mindset. Able to also work independently to complete and manage reports, analyses and projects from start to finish. Self-starter with a sense of urgency, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.