This position analyzes investments in all Intermountain investment programs. 2) This individual ensures investments are within tolerance for the portfolios of IHC Health Services, Inc.; a) IHC Pension Plan Directed Trust; b) Intermountain Retiree Welfare Benefit Trust; c) SelectHealth, Inc. d) Foundations and various affiliated and non-affiliated Portfolios totaling approximately $17 billion and recommends strategic/tactical allocations.
This is a system-wide role that interacts with all levels of the organization and reports to the Senior Director Investments.
1) Invests funds (in excess of liquid funds) in the short-duration fixed income markets for portfolios assigned to maximize investment income within established Investment Policy guidelines; and exceeding nationally recognized benchmarks and peer groups.
2) Understands new strategies affecting the investment philosophy and strategy for Intermountain and affiliated companies and acts as an advisor and subject matter expert mentoring others.
3) Generates a monthly investment portfolio dashboard report for treasury leadership detailing, exposures, attribution, etc. for asset classes assigned and perform preliminary quantitative assessment and due diligence for potential managers using available investment tools.
4) Recommends strategic portfolio rebalancing for asset classes assigned based on strategic market outlooks and facilitates manager investment transitions.
5) Analyzes asset class data available in various investment systems, prepares quantitative portfolio level analysis and qualitative manager analysis, and prepares recommendations based on tactical and strategic asset allocation decisions made by senior Investment Management.
6) Prepares due diligence reports and recommends investment managers across multiple asset classes after considering market opportunity, investment trends and market conditions. Assists Senior Treasury Leadership with on-site due diligence and writes associated manager meeting notes.
7) Prepares investment presentations and reports included in Investment Committee book and Benefits Finance Committee Book. Makes recommendations on report formatting.
8) Leads other analysis as assigned.
9) Responsible to ensure asset classes assigned maintain the appropriate level of risk within established ranges by developing models, implementing third party solutions, stress testing asset class impact on portfolios, and reporting risk exposures using universally accepted risk measures.
10) Monitors exposures of portfolio investment managers, develops reports to determine position overlap between portfolio managers, monitors crowded trades discloses managers holding large positions to Senior Investment Leadership.
11) Overlays strategic outlook, and related impact on Intermountain Portfolios, and identifies the impact on risk metrics for implementation of tactical view