We believe in forging long-lasting relationships to create positive change in our communities. We’re building something greater in each pillar of Peterson including real estate investment, development, property management, capital lending and private equity. As we continue to grow, we stay true to our values by putting relationships first, standing by our word and striving for something greater in everything we do.
We are looking for a full-time Manager, Finance to join our team in Downtown Vancouver in providing support to the strategic direction of the Company’s finance function. Reporting to the CFO, the Manager, Finance will play a critical role in sourcing construction and term financing, monitoring and reporting on loan covenants, management and reporting of the Company’s debt portfolio as well as overseeing the consolidated cash flow projections of the Company.
The ideal candidate is an analytical and detail-oriented individual with 5+ years of finance experience working in real estate development. This individual will have a strong understanding of development proformas, and financial and cash flow modelling. This position will suit someone who is has an investigative mindset and aptitude for problem solving and strong professional work ethics.
- Working with CFO to source and structure debt financing for in-house development projects and assisting in the term (re)financing on income properties and acquisitions;
- Preparing external presentation materials and packages for debt financing;
- Reviewing and analyzing development proformas and cashflow;
- Managing and overseeing condition precedents for funding and responding to lender queries;
- Liaising directly with external consultants to obtain reports needed for financing purposes;
- Maintaining Peterson’s overall debt management model, including quarterly reporting on debt position and monitoring of financial covenants and lender reporting requirements;
- Compiling all required documents for lender’s annual review and address all lender queries;
- Working with CFO to oversee, maintain and analyze consolidated multi-year cashflow projections for all Company business lines (IPP, Development, Capital Lending, Acquisitions and Corporate cashflow)
- Understanding upcoming cash and capital needs based on cashflow projections, identify areas of concerns, provide cash flow update to CFO and for quarterly reporting;
- Providing ad-hoc financial analysis and sensitivity analysis to support financing decisions; and
- Assisting in preparation of presentation and report materials for quarterly Board meetings.
- 5+ years of proven experience working within the areas of real estate development and/or finance;
- Completion of a Bachelor of Commerce, or Business in Finance, Real Estate or related field;
- Completion of an Accounting designation (CPA, CA, or CFA);
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly with Excel;
- Understanding of development proformas, financial and cash flow modelling;
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of financial reports and modelling methods;
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail;
- Effective organizational & time management skills to meet deadlines and produce quality and accurate work;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with different personalities while practicing effective communication and interpersonal skills in both written and verbal.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest - only short-listed candidates will be contacted.