CEMEX - Corporate Strategic Planning Advisor
About the position:
Work as part of the Corporate Strategic Planning (CSP) Team responsible for analyzing competitors and markets, assessing business opportunities across geographies, leading internal consulting projects for CEMEX worldwide, executing M&A/BD transactions and contributing to the development of our Urbanization Solutions portfolio.
- Analyze market conditions, competitors’ strategies and performance to identify opportunities to improve CEMEX’s positioning in the industry.
- Assess business development opportunities in CEMEX and non-CEMEX markets and geographies.Participate in (and occasionally lead) work streams of internal consulting projects for CEMEX worldwide across our 4 core businesses (cement, ready-mix, aggregates and Urbanization Solutions). Engage and coordinate with internal and external project members including external advisors.
- Participate in M&A transactions developing valuation models (DCF, multiples, etc.) and evaluating transaction investment metrics.
- Prepare materials for top management meetings and events.
- Present own work and recommendations to senior management.
- Help develop CSP junior members by supporting their day-to-day activities
Challenges / Critical Considerations
- Functional competencies: Strong business acumen, presentation skills, interpersonal savviness, organizational agility and innovation mindset.
- Functional skills: Excellent analytical skills, structured, logical and critical thinking, thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills: Teamwork, good communication, sensitiveness to customers’ needs.
- Personal trait: Integrity, honesty and extremely discreet handling of confidential information.
- Commitment: Hard worker striving for excellence, committed to CEMEX and CSP objectives with tolerance to stress.
- Academic Background: College/Master’s degree. MBA would be a plus, 5-7 years of work experience
- Subject / Major: Accounting, Administration, Economy, Finance, Industrial engineering, Information Systems, International Negotiations, Information Technology, Engineering
- Experience: Finance, Planning, Innovation
- Languages (Advanced Level): English
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint