ESG Corporate Research Analyst
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and articulate an ESG assessment methodology for the industries in your assigned sector group.
- Conduct research independently and analyse specific issuers and themes within your assigned sector group.
- Undertake research visits / meetings with a wide range of companies, debt originators, and sell side analysts, as required.
- Publish research conclusions and company meeting notes on the internal research management system, and present those conclusions to your sector cohort across the credit and equity teams.
- You may be required to work with other teams to prepare presentations, investigate client queries and respond to other ad hoc requirements.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Has responsibility for contributing to portfolios across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi Asset.
Technical skills and qualifications
- IMC or CFA desired (or studying towards)
- Degree educated in business, maths, finance, or sustainability discipline
- Previous experience covering a sector desired
- Knowledge of ESG metrics and their relevance to business performance
- Microsoft office skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other market data platforms
- Knowledge of main ESG and climate data sets desired
- Where relevant, language skills particular to geographies covered
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information quickly
Coping with pressure and setbacks
The base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $150,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.