Senior Investment Officer
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer and investment staff overseeing $22 billion internal and external fixed income portfolios.
- Oversee internal short, intermediate, and long duration investment grade fixed income portfolios. The ability to generate alpha is very important. A verified track record is required.
- Evaluate fund managers versus peer group and relative index/indices.
- Assist the Chief Investment Officer in preparing for and deliver presentations to various parties.
- Assist in identifying overall and portfolio-specific risk. Develop strategies to monitor and control risk.
- Prepare regular ad hoc performance and risk reports.
Preference may be given to those with a Master’s Degree or a Ph.D.
Preference may be given to someone with a successful historical record of identifying and managing external fixed income managers.
- Understanding global macro and micro risks that impact investment-grade securities is imperative.
- Strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and modeling skills are important.
- Experience in programming is a plus.
- Ability to work with unfamiliar concepts, take ownership of work and deliver timely results.
- Risk management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work hard, learn and contribute to the team.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Finance, Business, or Economics)
6+ years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance, Business or Economics) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Investment Officer
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification and/or an MBA (or Master's Degree in a related field of study) and/or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) certification
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office conditions.
- Minimal lifting.
- Some travel necessary.
- FLSA: Exempt
- This position is At-Will and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the CIO.
- This position is provided leave per the Executive Leave Policy
- Candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check requiring fingerprinting.