Investments Bank Loan (CLO) Analyst
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
The Bank Loan Support team is responsible for all aspects and accuracies of the AIMCO CLOs. The team is responsible for the AIMCO reporting needs, as defined by the Indenture, for both internal and external partners. In addition, the team generates all reporting requirements for CLOs for a variety of internal groups.
The Bank Loan Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining data integrity between Allstate, WSO Markit and our Trustees and to provide analysis and resolution when discrepancies are found. Act as back-up for Bank Loan and AIMCO trade settlement, report generation and validation, as well as the AIMCO monthly/payment reports and post-payment date reporting. It is critical for the Analyst to keep constant lines of communication open with various internal and external groups in regard to trade settlement status and discrepancy issues.
- Prepare AIMCO Determination Date reports, and coordinate, analyze, investigate, and resolve monthly discrepancies in timely manner with Trustee
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze quarterly AIMCO Payment Date reporting with Trustee and Auditors
- Support Front Office in addressing complex operational and technical issues and ensuring results are executed
- Apply problem solving skills, experience and judgement to analyze information
- Review and validate tax statements and audit reports on a quarterly and annual basis to be distributed to Investors
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations, Legal, Front Office and Trustee to ensure timeline trade settlement and accuracy of reporting
- Ability to work with external stakeholders, such as lawyers, bank officials, and trustees
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
General Working Knowledge
- General working knowledge of the Investment Industry
- Background in Structured Finance (ideally CLOs), Fund administration and/or Alternative Asset management strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Basic Indenture interpretation abilities and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills to all levels of staff and management
- Good analytical and data analysis skills to help problem solve
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
Advanced Working Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Experience with IHS Markit preferred
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Work independently, flexible and good organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 1-3 years of financial reporting, investments or related experience
- Finance or Economics degree preferred
- Previous experience reviewing legal documents
- Intermediate querying skills and the ability to learn multiple applications, including database and reporting applications.