Portfolio Manager – Global High Yield
The Role We have an exciting new role for a Portfolio Manager of Global High Yield Credit, based in Chicago. In this role you will join a team managing funds including Global High Yield and U.S. High Yield with over $5 billion of assets under management. This is a fantastic opportunity to invest in and develop your career as a portfolio manager. This individual will be integral in contributing to the future growth of Aviva Investors’ leveraged finance platform. Responsibilities
- Developing investment strategy and translating it into successful asset allocations within funds managed.
- Constructing portfolios that generate superior risk adjusted performance compared to the benchmark and peer group.
- Collaborating with senior colleagues across AI to implement innovative strategies to manage risk, maximize profits and enhance performance.
- Partnering with Business Development to cultivate positive relationships with prospective and existing clients.
- Taking a leading role in product development, working in collaboration with Business Development, Research and associated colleagues.
- Acting as a role model to all Credit team members, displaying exemplary behaviours and adherence to risk and compliance requirements.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in leveraged finance investment management (high yield in particular) including portfolio management, trading and credit research.
- Deep understanding of credit analysis, investment risk, ESG and the overall investment management process.
- Strong analytical skills underpinning decisiveness and sound judgment.
- Extensive quantitative and technological skills (Bloomberg, Aladdin, Excel).
- Detailed and up-to-date knowledge of relevant fixed income practices in developed global markets.
- Excellent knowledge of the compliance and regulatory environment and of the importance of universal personal and team compliance.
- Ability to think strategically, both within the market and Aviva Investors.
- Team player who readily collaborates both across the senior AI team and within the investment management team.
- A leader who can bring a vision to life and use people management skills to bring the best out of every team member.
- High quality planning and organizational skills used effectively to manage change and innovation.
- Will have over 7 years investment industry experience.