Vice President, Finance
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. RockCreek’s entrepreneurial spirit, open culture, and inclusive team lead to better investments for universities, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds that partner with us. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors as well as diversity and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate, and relentless drive to excel.
RockCreek is looking for a Vice President of Finance who will oversee accounting and financial planning and analysis, scale our capabilities and support the growth of the firm. The Finance and Accounting team has the primary responsibility for establishing processes for financial reporting including monthly and quarterly reporting including budget and financial forecasting for management, as well as year-end financial statement preparation and audit.
We are looking for someone with work experience in a large public accounting firm or asset management company and passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. This person should have hands-on experience in the processes for financial planning, analysis and reporting with strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position has high visibility to upper management and collaborates closely with other teams within the firm. The role will report to the CFO.
- Work collaboratively with the RockCreek’s management team on operational, product, and strategic decisions and provide support on new products and firm initiatives
- Own the processes and provide strategic inputs to management on financial forecasting, budgeting, and quarterly/annual business planning for the firm
- Further develop and improve the firm’s financial forecasting models
- Oversee and manage the preparation of financial reports to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP requirements
- ·Maintain and execute proper procedures to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Conduct financial and business review of fund investment assets using appropriate inputs and assumptions
- Identify and address financial opportunities and risks for the firm and provide advice on financial and business operations matters
- Proactively analyze the impact of new accounting standards to the firm’s financial reporting
- Management of the Tax Reporting and responsibility for Tax Efficiency in collaboration with a Big 4 accounting firm as tax advisors
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial statements and accounting issues to ensure alignment with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in corporate finance ideally with an asset management company or a Big 4 or national accounting firm
- Excellent knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and SEC Investment Advisers Act of 1940, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- Highly motivated and proactive with excellent project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Active CPA license
Please note this position is based in Washington DC with flexibility for some remote work.
Consistent with our belief that team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
● Remote work technology
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents eligible
● 401(k) retirement plan with company match
● Paid time off, sick leave, and company holidays
● Wellness programs including remote meditation and fitness classes
● Onsite gym
For additional information on RockCreek, please visit https://therockcreekgroup.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/company/the-rock-creek-group