About the Position
Walton Enterprises is seeking a qualified Investment Analyst to join the Walton Investment Team (“WIT”) in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a dynamic and growing investment office managing family investments and foundations. We are looking for individuals who are interested in investments, capital markets and are comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed an investment-related internship or analyst program and/or have 1-4 years of work experience within the field.
About the Team
Walton Investment Team is based in Washington, DC and collaborates with colleagues in offices around the country. We work as a team to develop, implement, and oversee investment strategies. We are seeking to expand and grow our team with skilled and qualified talent.
What You Will Do
You will support our Directors in overseeing asset allocation and risk across portfolios, with responsibilities around manager allocations across asset classes and related projects. The position involves quantitative analysis with a strong qualitative component. This is a great opportunity to gain broad exposure to asset classes and investment strategies, while being exposed to the many facets of portfolio management.
- Support all aspects of portfolio management, from portfolio construction to day-to-day management
- Contribute to the decision-making process behind asset allocation, raising and investing funds, rebalancing, selecting and sizing investments, and overall portfolio structure
- Prepare a range of client deliverables, including regular performance and capital markets updates, client portfolio updates, and other client presentation materials
The Successful Candidate
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelors’ or graduate degree with a record of high academic achievement. Backgrounds may vary; however, candidates must be comfortable with basic financial concepts and enjoy quantitative work. While no background in finance or accounting is required, typical backgrounds might include economics, accounting, finance, business, mathematics, computer science.
- Up to 4 years of work experience, ideally in roles with significant project leadership and analytical responsibilities (e.g., investment banking, investment management, strategy consulting)
- Strong technical and computing skills, including knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Walton Enterprises also supports the pursuit of CFA, CAIA, and other professional designations
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual agility, ability to think critically
- Strong quantitative capabilities with demonstrated ability to execute complex financial analysis
- Comfort in conducting analyses in Excel and presenting complex concepts in PowerPoint, drafting reports in Word and everyday use of Outlook; experience in R and Python a plus
- Problem identification and resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with moderate to no supervision
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
- Interest in and/or experience and fundamental understanding of capital markets, investment principles, and related financial metrics
Personal attributes that support your success
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises supports the personal, philanthropic, and business activity for the Walton family. We are a family-led organization, supporting multiple generations of Sam & Helen Walton’s family.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.