Assistant Vice President, Financial Planner III
Work with Relationship Managers to further integrate a financial planning-based approach into the Eastern Wealth Management business model leveraging the existing financial planning application as well as past experience and industry knowledge.
- Develop a working knowledge and functional expertise of the current financial planning tools, portfolio analytics software and presentation software in order to assist the EBWM Relationship Managers in the development, construction and presentation of a comprehensive financial plan.
- Collaborate with EBWM Relationship Managers, Investment Team and staff to continually review and enhance the financial planning offering. Particular focus to be paid on comparative offerings and the ability to leverage a knowledge base in estate planning, investments, risk management, retirement and tax planning to enhance the offering and the sales process for the EBWM Relationship Managers.
- Partner with the Division Head, Relationship Managers, Investment Officers and Operations to support key business goals and objectives
- Review business processes and provide analysis and feedback to ensure process efficiency.
- Manage financial planning tracking and retail referral program, produce reporting and analysis on financial planning metrics and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinate efforts with EBWM team members and other business partners to provide planning prospective in business decisions and client facing materials designed to enhance the overall client experience.
- Participate in corporate initiatives to promote and elevate the status of EBWM and the Financial Planning Team.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Ideal candidate should be able to work with EBWM Relationship Managers to discuss the client situation and assess the level of client’s needs. Such assessment shall dictate the level of planning sophistication needed and subsequent output produced to address all of the client’s objectives. The financial plan may encompass multiple facets and deal with goals competing for limited resources, the ideal candidate should be able to weigh the merits of multiple courses of action and be able to convey the recommended best course of action.
The candidate will be responsible for managing planning cases through the pipeline and ensuring sufficient data is present to complete a financial plan. In managing the pipeline, the candidate will set timelines and deadlines and coordinate resources between the investment team, planning, Relationship Managers and additional partners as the candidate deems appropriate for the required level of client service. At the request of the EBWM Relationship Manager, the candidate may be asked to attend and participate in various aspects of client meetings. The ideal candidate will have experience in public speaking and effectively communicating the analytics and results of the corresponding financial plan.
From time to time, candidate may be required to provide a planning perspective on special projects. The candidate will prioritize workloads to ensure primary job responsibilities are satisfied prior to committing time and resources to secondary projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of banking and/or financial planning related experience.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is required.
- Ability to learn multiple financial planning software and leverage key component of each to create a suitable end product.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance.
- Solid business analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of the essential planning concepts (i.e., retirement planning, estates and trusts, insurance, taxes, cash flow planning, and investments).
- Familiarity with MoneyGuide Pro software is preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong and productive business partner relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong desire to build presentation skills and develop client facing experience required.
More searches like this
- Banking Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors