Head of Fixed Income Data
The Morningstar Fixed Income team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the use cases for target clients. It defines the fixed income capability roadmap, works with Data Operations and Data Technology organizations in sourcing and integrating value-added data, coordinates across Product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality, owns GTM plans jointly with respective products, and drives commercial success.
Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets and portfolios. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company. We transform data into insights that investors can use to reach their financial goals.
The Data Organization seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven fixed income data/analytics leader and subject matter expert to advance our fixed income capabilities, including data assets, portfolio-level analytics, and software functionality and tools. This individual will lead a growing fixed income focused team and support product teams in creating and commercializing innovative functionality and reports that solve customer problems, evangelizing the innovations internally and externally, and delighting our clients by providing them great in-product user experience and service experience. The preferred location for this position is Chicago.
- Develop capabilities and analytics that enable users to analyze portfolios containing fixed income and derivative assets.
- Identify opportunities for Morningstar to own/acquire fixed income data and analytics assets.
- Manage a team of professionals to design and develop database systems.
- Build and develop team of fixed income subject matter experts.
- Work with analytical engine team and quant team to produce value-added data/analytics capabilities that meet or better anticipate market needs.
- Provide guidance to database team on database structures and features.
- Ensure that database is developed according to business requirements.
- Identify and resolve database issues related to performance and capacity.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Stay updated with new database technologies and analyze such technologies to bring into scope of existing infrastructure.
- Acts as a product owner to BondPro engine team in implementing or integrating new and enhancements to security calculations.
- Supports and provides advice to internal teams (business units & product development squads) to deliver and integrate Morningstar fixed income capabilities into Morningstar software and products, third-party platforms, and possibly proprietary client systems.
- Supports sales effort and meet prospects when called up in providing answers to questions related to fixed income data, analytics and functionality.
- Acts as an escalation point for client issues and product sponsor for client meetings.
- Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor`s degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Passion for fixed income investing and analytics.
- 10+ years of experience in bond analytics, product development, or investment research/management.
- Skills in data processing, data sciences, statistical analysis are valuable.
- Previous experience in client engagement is a plus.
- Superior business judgment; analytical, planning, and decision-making skills; in addition to exemplary communication and presentation abilities.
- Action-oriented individual possessing an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar`s core values.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external partnerships; and work effectively across different business and functional areas.
- For internal candidates, knowledge of Morningstar data and Direct desired.
- Some travel required.
More searches like this
- Commodities Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors