Fixed Income Analyst
- Credits: Review credits frequently, on-time & to a high standard.
- Markets: Prepare macro material summarizing key asset class returns.
- Portfolios: Assist with portfolio rebalancing, monitoring & maintenance.
- Client Support: Prepare performance & positioning sections of client presentations.
Key Result Areas:
- Conduct regular credit reviews as part of a buy-side asset manager based on a universe with the following characteristics:
- Geography: Predominantly EM, tilted towards MENA & Asia but also encompassing Europe, Africa & LatAm.
- Credit Quality: Both investment grade & high yield.
- Sectors: Sovereigns, GREs, banks & corporates.
- Capital Structure: Covers the entire capital structure from senior unsecured to AT1s in addition to fixed & floating-rate securities.
Prepare material for a range of market reporting:
- Market Meetings:
- Verbally summarize market moving news for fixed income twice-weekly by utilizing third-party newswire services.
- Verbally communicate market-moving positions across the team’s mandates.
- Fixed Income Meetings: Prepare fixed income & multi-asset weekly PowerPoint including market-moving data for all asset classes in the prior week; upcoming economic events in the week ahead; new issue pipeline; portfolio statistics; peer comparisons; trade history; action points based on the meeting.
- Operational Meetings: Prepare fixed income & multi-asset monthly PowerPoint including performance, attribution, positioning etc.
- Investment Committee Meetings: Support portfolio managers in preparing asset class & market data for the investment committee.
- Monthly Outlook: Write the monthly outlook comprising:
- Summary of fixed income based on third-party (TP) services.
- Outlook of fixed income based on in-house views.
- Investment Oversight Committee Meetings: Support portfolio managers in preparing material on the public funds & markets.
- Global Multi-Asset ETFs: Rebalance the portfolios on a quarterly basis based on target allocations; rebalance the portfolios following in/outflows; maintain excel sheets & other docs to ensure the portfolios remain close to the target allocations.
- Fixed Income Funds/Mandates: Notify portfolio managers of at-risk credits.
- Trade Allocation Sheets: Complete trade allocation sheets for new issues.
- NAVs: Check daily NAVs.
- Dividends: Check quarterly dividend calculations.
- Benchmarks: Monthly upload of benchmark data onto Bloomberg.
- Factsheets: Check & correct monthly factsheet data; Improve existing factsheet data via automating data from TP service providers to factsheet excel sheets & final PDFs.
- Client Reports: Complete a wide range of weekly, monthly & quarterly client reports by downloading data from TP service providers & presenting it in the required client-friendly format. Improve existing client reports via automating data from TP service providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Python coding skills are essential for this role.
- Financial modelling/forecasting skills are vital.
- Microsoft office, particularly advanced knowledge of excel & PowerPoint.
- CFA Charterholder.
- Communication skills: Articulate credit & market views to portfolio managers verbally & in writing.
- 3+ years’ experience analyzing EM credits.
More searches like this
- Banking Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors