Product Control Analyst – Assistant Vice President – Equity Mkts (Mexico City)
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division consists of Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Accounting Policy and Planning and Analysis. The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles. Business Background: The Global Equities business has presence in North America, Latin America, Europe, Japan and Asia Pacific. Their primary function is to act as a market maker and facilitate client equity and equity derivative trading needs. They provide market access and input to the various needs of our institutional client base. Each of these businesses is supported by their regional product control teams. The Equities business utilizes financial products such as stocks, ETFs, Options, futures, and various OTC derivative products to facilitate client needs while minimizing open risk exposures resulting from this activity.
Currently, the Equity Markets Product Control area is seeking an analyst to join the team as a supervisor. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills and increase your knowledge of how equity and equity derivative products are traded and utilized in financial markets. The candidate will be placed within a team that supports the North American Equities Trading business. In this role, the candidate will be exposed to various equity based products, as well as the income statement and balance sheet reporting of these products, additionally the candidate will work closely with traders to understand risk based attributions of the reporting while providing daily written and verbal commentary on the business and market dynamics impacting these numbers. Alongside the reporting the candidate will be asked to detect, and remediate various efficiency based projects, while collaborating with various functions across the Citi team.
- Supervise junior team members who will be responsible for daily profit and loss (P&L) reporting and Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA) review
- Preparation of market commentaries to explain significant P&L movements and events
- Ensure accurate income statement and balance reporting sheet during month end close
- Networking with other areas of Finance to ensure policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, including front office, market risk, and operations to resolve open risks Performing analysis for ad hoc requests regarding regulatory, valuation, risk and operational concerns.
- Regular interaction with managers throughout the organization, including but not limited to Directors and/or Managing Directors of Finance, trading desks, Middle office, risk management, business unit management teams and operations is required
- Participate in discussions with internal and external auditors
- Four year bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or other related disciplines
- 5 years of related work experience
- Strong understanding of Financial Analysis, Markets, and Products
- Effective written, verbal, and telephone based communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must; other financial systems are a plus
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors