Equity Research Associate
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC is looking for a Research Associate to join the Equity Research Team. The Associate will be able be based out of Newport Beach, New York or have the ability to work from home. The Associate will have the opportunity to work with the Senior Research Analyst to create industry analysis and provide company-specific coverage. Primary responsibilities include:
- Speaking to internal and external clients, industry contacts, and management teams about the stocks/sector.
- Search, collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data.
- Develop and maintain financial models, market monitoring systems, and databases.
- Prepare portions or more of research reports, notes and briefs.
- Communicate and handle information requests.
- Meet with management teams of issuers, conduct onsite visits, and attend industry conferences.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Analyzing financial statements/SEC documents, financial supplements,
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing/communication skills, as well as modeling, forecasting, and valuation experience. The candidate must also possess tremendous intellectual curiosity and be able to solve problems independently.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and accounting techniques.
- Ability to express ideas effectively and fluently. Comfortable with client interaction. Ability to write clearly, concisely with speed and precision. Fast learner.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction under tight deadlines and multiple priorities, while maintaining a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, presentation software and the Internet. Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and software applications. Bloomberg experience considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work long hours.
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to detail, and willing to work within a flexible schedule.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
The candidate should have a minimum of one year of relevant experience (investment banking, equity research, or another analytical role) and an interest in research and the stock market.
Proficiency in excel and a strong academic record are required. The candidate will need to have or obtain all required FINRA licenses. CFA is preferred, but not required. Candidates are expected to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be resourceful and flexible, with the ability to work well under pressure in a periodically intense environment. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as a key team player.