Senior Client Operations Associate
Background: CoastEdge Partners, LLC is an independent private investment/multi-family office based in La Jolla, CA. We manage and advise on over $2.2 Billion of assets to a select group of high net worth individuals, families, and foundations. Our business model is truly unique and we are poised to continue to grow our global investment platform. CoastEdge is registered as an investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We are looking for an Senior Client Operations Associate with our firm to play a key role in both our operations and client service teams. More information on our firm can be found at www.coastedge.com.
Job Description: Based in La Jolla, CA, the Senior Client Operations Associate will be a key member of our team. He/she will have the opportunity to learn and contribute in the full spectrum of the operations of an asset management business. This position requires the individual to be personable, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a small but dynamic business, while also possessing a curiosity for continuous learning. He/she will have the opportunity for career development and promotion based on effort and performance.
Principal Duties: The focus of the position will be client onboarding and servicing. This position requires a dynamic, driven professional who thrives on working in the details and is dedicated to seeing tasks through from initiation to completion. Reporting to Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Client Operations Associate will be accountable for executing a wide variety of client service operational tasks. The Senior Client Operations Associate will be working with key CoastEdge systems such as Salesforce and Addepar, and preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of these systems and a high proficiency in Excel.
- Serve as a contact for clients and investors via email and telephone correspondence, providing exceptional customer service in a professional and timely manner, and assisting or forwarding to applicable team as needed
- Manage new client onboarding process
- Oversee all new account openings for complex client family situations (Trusts, LLCs, LPs)
- Lead ongoing account maintenance efforts
- Handle daily account alerts and reconciliations of both securities and cash holdings for the firm’s client accounts fed through various custodians to the firm’s Addepar system.
- Oversee money movements for clients, including preparing wire transfer and ACH instructions and coordination with investment team to raise funds, following institutional and regulatory guidelines
- Assist with distribution of quarterly reports, invoices, and other client correspondence
- Assist with documentation of internal policies and procedures
- Provide support on various internal accounting tasks and processes
- Other ad-hoc duties as required, such as assistance with 1099s/K-1s and liaising with 3rd party authorized client contacts such as accountants
Competencies / Education:
- B.S. /B.A., business discipline preferred
- 2-3 years minimum experience, preferably in investment operations, compliance, or accounting support role.Experience with Schwab Institutional highly preferred.
- Outstanding skills functioning effectively in an environment where flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities are required
- Proficiency in MS Excel required; willingness to learn coding basics
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Addepar a plus
- Solid character references
Personal Characteristics: In addition to a strong commitment to CoastEdge’s culture, values, and approach, personal qualifications for this role include:
- The highest level of personal ethics and integrity
- Dedicated to superior client service and able to remain poised under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and keen ability to problem-solve
- Relentless attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills and focus on quality
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Extremely driven to succeed and to make an impact on a growing business
- A collegial work style, sense of humor, and a thick skin