Senior Investment Research Analyst
Advent Capital Management, a leading New York City based private Investment Management Company with $11+ billion in long only and hedge fund assets under management is seeking a senior level research analyst with ten years minimum work experience focused on the energy/alternative energy, utilities and materials sectors. This dynamic research role will support the firm’s investments in these sectors across domestic and international markets.
- Lead research analyst for energy and materials sectors (including energy, alternative energy, utilities, materials (all commodities)).
- Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across multiple industry groups for the firm’s event-driven and long only strategies.
- Build and maintain financial models, valuation analyses and publish internal research reports
- Work and interact closely with several portfolio management teams and traders
CANDIDATE SKILLS/ BACKGROUND
- 10+ years of financial industry experience
- Research experience covering all or part of the Energy/Materials Sectors
- Buy-side work experience preferred
- Multi-investment product familiarity (equity, high yield, convertibles) helpful
- Highly self motivated, demonstrate strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills
- Strong investment record and passion for the investment process.
- Education: MBA and/or CFA equivalent required