If you want to work with an industry leader, in a dynamic environment that fosters professional growth, we invite you to join our team. With over $5 billion in assets under management, R.M. Davis is Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, with offices in downtown Portland, Maine and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
At R.M. Davis, the successful Securities Analyst has a high degree of intellectual curiosity and generates new investment ideas by evaluating ongoing risks and opportunities. (S)he can understand, synthesize, and comment on large volumes of information succinctly and quickly to arrive at a supportable conclusion.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally oriented towards finance or economics. A master’s degree is preferred.
- A Chartered Financial Analyst designation (or working towards this designation).
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional work experience in securities research and analysis on the buy-side or sell-side. Ideally, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the Information Technology sector (such as software, hardware, semiconductors, services) and the Communication Services sector (social media, entertainment, telecom).
- A strong background in analyzing financial statements and evaluating corporate performance.
- An ability to work with a wide array of database and modeling programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building talents.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, you’ll primarily be accountable for the ongoing research and analysis of portfolio companies. You’ll focus on the full array of stocks on the R.M. Davis Stock Selection List (SSL), including key drivers of performance. In addition, you’ll be a resource for providing credit opinions on fixed income securities.
You will initiate research on potential additions to the SSL in Information Technology and Communication Services sectors -- including both equities and ETFs. You must communicate ideas effectively and convey key investment characteristics to the Portfolio Managers.
Finally, you will support the work of the Research Department on the economy, investment strategy and performance, and analysis of industries and companies. Others in the firm will look to you for information and insight into the macroeconomic factors affecting portfolio companies.
Your work environment
This position is located in our Portland, Maine office. For more than forty years, R.M. Davis has been a vital and respected member of Portland’s business community. Our offices are in the historic Hay building in downtown Portland, just a few steps from the waterfront, restaurants, businesses and performance venues that define our city as one of America’s most vibrant. Among the many accolades Portland has recently received:
- Bon Appetit magazine named us their 2018 Restaurant City of the Year.
- Fodor’s named us one of their 52 global destinations in their 2020 Go List.
- Conde Nast Traveler recently profiled us in 14 Best Things to Do in Portland, Maine.
Why do people come to Portland? They like the big-city amenities in a small-city environment. There is easy access to the working waterfront, nearby beaches and, a little further off, lakes, mountains and excellent skiing. People in Portland truly get to know one another, and that familiarity makes living here a pleasure.
Your company benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- 100% Company-paid employee health insurance and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Company-paid, covered parking
- Professional downtown office setting
- Collaborative work culture
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
R.M. Davis, Inc.
Attn: Denise Vigneault, Vice President - Human Resources
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors