IBD, Loan Negotiation Group, Associate, Salt Lake City/Dallas
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
This is a front line client facing position working with Leveraged Finance and Capital Markets to negotiate financing commitment papers and credit agreement terms for leveraged and investment grade debt transactions. In addition, play a lead role in structuring; negotiating and documenting (with outside counsel) select high yield transactions, bridges, structured finance deals, project financings, complex amendments and other products. The Loan Negotiation Team supports several businesses throughout the firm and is part of the overall Transaction Execution Risk Management Group.
- Work with internal deal teams and in-house and outside counsel to structure, in some cases highly complex, transactions
- Assist in negotiating term sheets and commitment letters with sponsors and borrowers.
- Coordinate with all internal teams including Capital Markets on the structure, pricing and economics
- Participate in syndication process and conversations with investors on the structure and terms of documentation during syndication
- Through various forums, including periodic trainings, initiate and participate in internal educational initiatives and programs designed to teach elements of transaction structuring
- Track market developments by maintaining various deal term databases and quickly develop an understanding of documentation for committed financing
- Prepare presentations on documentation trends for use in discussions with senior leadership
- Support senior team on deal related needs, including time sensitive research requests
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working across teams in high intensity environments, with demonstrated ability to play lead roles and make decisions
- Highly responsive, organized and able to multi-task effectively
- Sound credit analysis skills is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Power Point and Excel a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity