Associate Portfolio Manager
Associate Portfolio Manager
What is the opportunity?
As an Associate Portfolio Manager (APM), you are a key member of a professional team charged with building and managing a high performance investment counselling franchise, the APM works with experienced Investment Counsellors to construct customized investment strategies for high net worth individuals, trust, and charitable foundations. Please visit: http://www.rbcphnic.com for more information.
What will you do?
- Proactively identify, investigate and resolve client inquiries and provide the Investment Counsellors with recommendations for resolution for complex situations
- Attend client meetings as required, including prospect and annual review meetings
- Proactively maintain timely written, verbal and electronic communication with other support groups internally and with external contacts
- Assist in implementing action plans and proactively manage client portfolios to ensure best performance and service results for every client portfolio
- Assist in monitoring and rebalancing portfolios to ensure they are managed consistently with current Investment Policy Statements and portfolio risk management strategies and policies
- Contribute to meeting team objectives by retaining and growing the team’s high net worth customers
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree (preferably in Business or Economics)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation would be an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience, portfolio management experience preferred
- High degree of software literacy and experience using industry standard software
- Ability to communicate with clients about general investment, economic, estate, financial, trust and taxation issues
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and be perceived as a professional business partner with clients and co-workers
- Superior time management and organizational skills, to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Reward Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation,
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities