Director Investment Research
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $197.6 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader
Mackenzie’s approach to Sustainability provides Canadians with the opportunity to invest with impact through funds that are designed to generate long-term competitive returns while supporting positive ESG outcomes. The firm aims to build sustainability into its culture, corporate practices, and every investment decision it makes and has signalled the importance of sustainability by identifying it as a key strategic priority for the overall business.
Mackenzie is committed to meeting the growing demand for sustainable solutions by launching a new investment boutique focused on managing a range of sustainable solutions to meet client needs. The new sustainability-focused investment team is currently recruiting for a Director, Investment Research who is responsible for leading the team’s fundamental equity research process. This role reports to the SVP, Portfolio Manager of the team.
- Conduct fundamental research across equity sectors, to contribute well formulated investment recommendations to optimize portfolio performance and manage risk
- Adhere to a disciplined and integrated investment decision making process that seamlessly incorporates bottom up, fundamental analysis with ESG analysis
- Demonstrative ability to research, develop and effectively communicate a detailed investment thesis
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience
- CFA designation
- A passion for integrating sustainable investing across the investment process
- Strong communication skills to successfully collaborate within a small, high performance team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to develop, articulate and present a comprehensive investment recommendation culminating in a detailed investment thesis
- A willingness to apply your developed fundamental research toolkit across sectors and geographies
Values and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical, natural curiosity, innovative and creative thinker
- Passionate about making a positive impact on environment and society
- Comfortable managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented, collaborative mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, keen on working in a diverse workplace
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by May 23, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The career level for this position is D9.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 21-1176