Manager Research Analyst, Model Portfolios
6 days left
(Please be sure to read the Requirements below, prior to submitting your application)
Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
As a manager research analyst, your objective and independent research on model portfolios, funds, and other investment vehicles will help individuals, intermediaries, and institutional investors make better investment decisions, which is Morningstar’s primary mission. The position requires a real passion for investing along with strong analytical, presentational, and writing skills. In this role, you will research and rate model portfolios, funds, and other investment vehicles such as separately managed accounts, while also developing broader investment expertise that contributes to the team’s thought leadership. This role will focus on model portfolios research on the multi-asset and alternatives team in manager research. The position is based in our Chicago office.
• Develop clear opinions to support forward-looking Morningstar Analyst Ratings on model portfolios and various investment vehicles based on research that focuses on the strategy’s management team, investment process, parent company, performance, and expenses.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using our databases, monitoring regulatory information, interviewing portfolio managers, and leading due diligence assessments of asset-management firms.
• Evaluate firms' and strategies' approaches to sustainability integration to support forward-looking qualitative assessments under the ESG Commitment Level framework.
• Monitor important developments in the model portfolio market and the broader economy.
• Develop expertise in various asset classes, asset management firms, and the overall industry.
• Author analytical research reports, articles, and industry studies.
• Contribute as a subject matter expert to developing insightful Jupyter notebooks that illustrate the unique Morningstar analyst perspective and highlight the value of our data.
• Discuss ratings and reports with external institutional clients.
• Represent Morningstar by speaking to media, conferences, industry associations, and regulators.
• A bachelor's degree is required; a graduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (or interest in pursuing one or the other) is preferred.
• Passion for investing and for helping investors make better investment decisions.
• Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to hit deadlines.
• Ability to work at times independently, and at other times within a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated expertise in model portfolios or multi-asset research is desirable.
• Familiarity with programming languages (i.e. Python, R) a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and optional thoughts below, in order to be considered for this role.
The Manager Research department and Morningstar deeply value diversity and consider having a diverse employee base as core to the intellectual vibrancy of our spaces, the employee experience, and ultimately, business success. Diversity presents itself in many different forms, such as: unique work or life experience, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or place of origin, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, etc. We invite you to submit an additional attachment to tell us how you may contribute to the diversification of the Manager Research department and Morningstar as a whole. The submission of this statement is optional for all applicants. Please limit your response to 600 words or less.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Actuarial Services Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors