1 day left
Emerging Market Equity Research Analyst / Trader
Global Alpha Capital Management Ltd.
Global Alpha Capital Management (Global Alpha) is looking for an Equity Analyst/Trader to join our Montreal-based team. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Global Alpha is an independent and privately owned investment management firm focused exclusively on global and international small cap portfolio management. Global Alpha conducts independent fundamental research to identify attractive investment opportunities in companies whose growth is unrecognized by the marketplace. As of February 28th 2021, Global Alpha’s AUM is approximately $6.2 billion.
Global Alpha is part of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group (“CC&LFG”), a multi-boutique investment management company whose affiliates manage over $90 billion in financial assets. With large scale non-investment management support provided by CC&LFG, we are uniquely focused on constructing the best global and international small cap portfolios that we can possibly deliver for our clients.
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for providing idea generation and detailed fundamental analysis on emerging market small cap companies as well as provide expertise in a number of sectors. This a permanent analyst position with the firm’s investment research group following emerging market small cap equities and provides a career advancement track to portfolio management.
What You Will Do
- Participating in corporate meetings with potential and present equity investments
- Preparing an investment case
- Portfolio monitoring and analysis
- Listening to conference calls and sell side industry calls as well as performing company due diligence
- Trading in equities
- Providing support to all other activities related to portfolio management including data analytics, portfolio maintenance, transitions management, FX, and servicing
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Experience: Two-to-five years of relevant industry experience being exposed to equity research especially emerging markets. Prior experience outside the financial industry, either in a family business or a company is an asset.
- Knowledge: You possess an undergraduate degree in a related field. MBA or CFA designation is an asset.
- Technical Skills: Solid financial modeling skills and familiarity with a variety of valuation approaches.
- Entrepreneurial: You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong interest in making a long-term career commitment to the firm. You are curious and an independent thinker that is comfortable with an unstructured, unsupervised work environment.
- Interest in Investment Management: Demonstrated passion for investment research in emerging markets.
- Team Player: You possess strong interpersonal skills and are a great team player.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate investment ideas concisely and coherently. Full proficiency in English is required as well as functional proficiency (high level understanding) in French. Full proficiency in Asian languages such as Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese is an asset.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CC&LFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors.
CC&LFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to over $90 billion in assets and over 640 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&LFG is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF by April 23rd, 2021 at the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/QXcq
Your cover letter should address who you are, why you want to join Global Alpha, how you will contribute to our firm, and your long-term career objectives.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.