Fixed Income Trader- Leveraged Loans
- Develop and maintain close relationships with arrangers of leveraged finance and secondary market makers. Leverage these relationships to source, monitor and trade trading opportunities in both primary and secondary markets.
- Monitor daily new issue calendar and communicate trade ideas, market color and other relevant information to portfolio managers, understanding the unique investment objectives of each TRPIM investment strategy.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with portfolio managers, analysts and trading team colleagues, as well as other key departments that are critical to the trading and settlement process for leveraged loans, including Legal & Compliance and Global Investment Operations (e.g., Pricing and Trade Support).
- Continuously monitor borrower activity for leveraged loans held in portfolio, including amendments, waivers, defaults and restructurings and coordinate with portfolio managers and investment analysts to assess investment impact.
- Promote workflow efficiency, best execution, and partner with Global Technology to aggregate market data to enhance market intelligence and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Will sit in the Philadelphia HY office
- 5+ years of prior leveraged loan trading experience (buy-side or sell-side)
- Established relationships with traders and/or capital markets teams at the major loan underwriters (JPM, CITI, BOA, CS, DB)
- Working knowledge of company financials and relative value analysis
- Understands the difference between par loan settlement and distressed doc settlement
- Risk-taking mindset and ability to negotiate effectively with broker/dealers
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task with precision under pressure
- Attention to detail and high integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or quantitative major
- MBA, MA or CFA (or in progress)
- Experience in Credit Markets specifically below investment grade instruments
- Working knowledge of Charles River, Wall Street Office and/or ClearPar
- Experience settling loans
- Collaborative – sharing of ideas and looking to provide solutions to issues facing the team
- Intellectual curiosity – skilled at sourcing information, and sharing insights that assist with investment idea generation
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to express views/concepts and present information in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive and accountable – take initiative to meet client objectives, strong work ethic and decision-making skills. Proactively look to increase knowledge and skills
- Client focused - trading effort is geared to achieve best client outcome
- Investor/risk-taking mindset – strong interest in fixed income markets