Sawgrass Asset Management is a 100% employee-owned investment management firm based in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. We are seeking a seasoned portfolio manager to join our equity investing team. Our team employs a risk conscious approach to growth investing whose hallmark is downside protection and efficient compounding of gains in the context of a rising market. We combine a quantitative front end with a fundamental back end to build portfolios that exhibit low price volatility; stable, consistent growth; and attractive valuations. The team is made up of a mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. Sawgrass offers a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- Slot into team structure.
- Partner with portfolio managers/analysts using the Sawgrass model framework to:
- Research portfolio candidates and holdings.
- Oversee and manage client portfolios.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers/analysts to:
- Identify and deploy enhancements to our current investment process.
- Create and develop new, diversifying, revenue producing products.
- Participate in internal investment policy discussions and decisions.
- Lead meetings with clients, consultants, and prospects to communicate and explain portfolio performance, positioning, and the Sawgrass investment process.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in new business efforts and current business defense, as needed.
- Answer ad-hoc inquiries from clients, consultants, prospects and Sawgrass team members.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in institutional portfolio management/analysis, 15 years preferred.
- Demonstrated value added performance versus benchmark(s).
- Familiarity with quantitative structure and risk control platforms.
- Intellectually curious. Innovative. Unafraid.
- Demonstrates conviction, confidence and continuous improvement.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team-first, collegial, and results-oriented environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to conduct dynamic and personable meetings with clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- CFA required.
- Proficient in FactSet and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.