Senior Equity Derivatives Trader
Responsible for managing portfolios of single stock and index options, as well as executing buy and sell orders of equity derivatives as authorized by investment portfolio managers or the Head of Equity Trading. Provide information frequently to portfolio managers about market sentiment, trading environment, trading volume and price volatility, effectively contributing to their decision making process.
- Confer with portfolio managers and execute equity option, equity and other derivative transactions on individual stocks and indices, consistent with Fund objectives and EV trading policies.
- Provide information frequently to portfolio managers about market sentiment, trading environment, trading volume and price volatility.
- Keep informed of relevant conditions and trends to detect changes and to allow for timely planning and action.
- Provide input or develop financial models to mitigate risk and ensure profits.
- Conduct options related research for new product development.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with brokerage community.
- Establish strong working relationships with trading support areas.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in the option trading market required.
- Equity trading experience a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker with solid organizational skills.
- Discipline of focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to make real time trading decisions weighing complex circumstances under considerable time pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of markets and various trading strategies.
- Ability to understand portfolio manager investment style and market trends.
- Advanced computer skills including electronic trading systems and other industry software.
- High level of professionalism and adherence to high ethical standards.
- Familiarity of Closed End Fund market and structure.