Product Manager, Fixed Income
The Product Manager partners with both investments and distribution to promote and drive the growth of the business for AB. The Product Manager serves as product champion for specific Fixed Income products, as well as focuses on various channels and/or regions to ensure advisor support, product advocacy and competitive insight.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as first point of contact for Global Sales (Regional Consultants / Managers, Institutional Associates / Advisors, etc.) for the specific products, as assigned, but with a broad base of fixed income strategy related knowledge.
- Partner with Investment Management to create and update a strong, consistent suite of core product marketing and client-service materials, in collaboration with marketing colleagues. In addition, seeks broad feedback from investment management and distribution to identify areas for improvement.
- Become a spokesperson for assigned investment team with the ability to present a deep understanding of the investment process, market outlook, and strong advocate for the services (e.g. Portfolio Specialist)
- Continually create new sales ideas/ways to advocate product (e.g. Blog posts, thought leadership ideas)
- Understand overall region/channel strategies to communicate priorities to broader team and members of investment management
- Collaborate with the Global Product Management Team to define focus areas, business development initiatives, areas for training, and develop target lists, CRD and/or home-office strategies for select strategies.
- Support Learning & Development for regional training initiatives
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to create/improve RFP language, assist on/review RFPs, and answer advisor/relationship manager questions on specific sales opportunities
- Partner with Product Development on new products (or enhancement of existing products) for various regions/channels
- Identify areas for thought leadership that connect with their product responsibilities
- In addition, the Product Manager is responsible for the oversight and quality control of their respective platform
- Review and update prospecting decks, fact sheets and product overviews for all products on platform
- Update internal sources (e.g. Salesforce, the Loop, etc.); works with data team to ensure accuracy of database information
- Partner with RFP team to ensure a consistent implementation of strategy positioning and language
- Review and update RFP language, accounts in performance composites, etc.
Job Qualifications & Key Attributes
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant experience in the investment-management industry (or related investment experience), with Product Management / Product Specialist experience (with experience with Credit-related strategies)
- Broad investment-management and financial-market knowledge, with expertise in fixed income products
- Interested in the capital markets, and finding creative ways to connect with our clients & prospects globally
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while multitasking, adhering to tight deadlines and maintaining strategic relationships with internal partners
- Ability to influence decisions leveraging insights based on experience/knowledge of credit markets and global distribution
- Excellent communication skills, highly detail-oriented and organized
- An understanding of the institutional and retail marketplace: understanding client needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Marketing and messaging skills, with the vision to create and maintain a compelling story for the firm’s fixed income business and individual products
- A team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, including collaboration, negotiation and consensus building
- A desire to interact with internal and external clients and to guide their product knowledge and support our sales efforts
- Series 7 FINRA certification or willingness to obtain
- Current CFA or progressing towards preferred
We are a leading global investment management firm offering high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the globe. With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations operating in 25 countries, our ambition is simple: to be the most trusted investment firm in the world. We realize that it's our people who give us a competitive advantage and drive success in the market, and our goal is to create an inclusive culture that rewards hard work.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration creates an environment where you can thrive and do your best work. Whether you're producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to our clients, we want to support you in making your impact. If you're ready to challenge your limits and empower your career, join us!
Client Group Overview
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help clients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm’s investment teams and supports our clients and internal business partners through investment-platform and product content, messaging, competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages the firm’s global lineup of investment services and considers clients’ evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating, packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business, leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve profitability
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.